“Sobre el olvido” (About the oblivion) is my ninth album and the OST for a theatre play called “Allí”, by Producciones Bernardas, to be premiered in Madrid the 4th of July, 2013. “Sobre el Olvido”, like “Toy Trains”, uses trains as a metaphoric framework from which the album concept develops but, unlike it, the theme is not the childhood and innocence from a melancholic point of view, but a more mature vision on solitude, oblivion and abandon on modern society. “Sobre el olvido” tries to raise an open question on how we see the world today, and how the world has influenced the way we see it.
You can know more about the theatre play here: produccionbernardas.wix.com/alli
released June 22, 2013
Composition, piano, xylophone, found sounds, recording, mixing - Bosques de mi Mente.
Violin - Jesús Fernández.
Photography - Fabián Alvarado Picado (www.flickr.com/photos/fabialvaradocr/
Words - Aldara Molero.
Samples and sounds - Sobre el Olvido features samples from:
- wa-marine-forcast.mp3 (Kevin Krebs, www.freesound.org/people/833-45/)
- pulswelle__waiting-train-station-hambu.wav (pulswelle, www.freesound.org/people/pulswelle/)
- koroshiya1__italy-train-station-train-arrive-ext.wav (koroshiya1, www.freesound.org/people/koroshiya1/)
- cornodrig__train-stopping-2.wav (cornodrig, www.freesound.org/people/cornodrig/)
- exuberate__mta-trainarrive-stationamb.wav(exuberate, www.freesound.org/people/exuberate/)
- vflefevre__krakow-train-station-waiting-room-052.wav (vflefevre, www.freesound.org/people/vflefevre/)
- andre-rocha-nascimento__cambridge-train-station-03-2005.wav (Andre Nascimento, www.freesound.org/people/andre.rocha.nascimento/)
- percy-duke__door-creak-short.mp3 (Percy Duke , www.freesound.org/people/Percy%20Duke/)
- joedeshon__vinyl-record-needle-static-01.wav(Joe Deshon, www.freesound.org/people/joedeshon/)
- kerrydan__ghost-story.ogg (Kerry Dan, www.freesound.org/people/kerrydan/)
- alphahog__we-ve-been-waiting-for-you (Alphahog, www.freesound.org/people/alphahog/)
and also other sounds from the public domain.